We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Ruby on Rails developer to add to our team. We are the leading online fashion social network with a strong community of over 1.5 million monthly visitors and growing. Our team loves what they do, and we are driven for success. This year is all about taking this company to the next level of success. Are you the person that will help take us there?
This may be you if...
- You have a solid web development background, and are a web savvy user who knows good websites from bad ones.
- You have an interest in good design, and an eye for what looks good.
- You are not afraid to voice your opinion, but also work well with a team.
- You have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and know how to adapt to change quickly.
- You may not know everything, but you know how to find the best solution for it.
- Solid experience developing with Ruby on Rails.
- At least 3 years of software development.
- Databse fundamentals, SQL experience, preferably in MySQL.
- Basic understanding of OO Design and Unix based environments.
- Basic understanding of cloud computing.
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive team player attitude.
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies.
- Self-starter and self-learner.
- Experience developing on mobile devices
- Experience using Amazon Web Services(EC2, S3, SES).
- Understand caching implementations like memcached.
- Exposure to social media development (FB, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
- Experience scripting (perl, ksh).
- Experience working in small teams.
- Previous startup experience.